Galvion is an international company with facilities and employees in the US, Canada and the UK, and our customer base is spread across the globe. In these challenging times, the health and safety of our employees and their families remains our top priority, as keeping them healthy is the best preventative contribution we can make to our wider communities, no matter the country that our facility happens to be in. With that in mind, we wanted to take this opportunity to share some Galvion specific updates with you.
The products that we design and manufacture save lives and are critical to ensuring safe missions around the world. Galvion is part of the Essential Critical Infrastructure Workforce as defined by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, and we will continue to work as a team to ensure that operations are moving forward. Our mission to protect those who protect us is more critical than ever. Keeping our business safely operational throughout this period requires an incredibly dedicated team and the entire Galvion crew is stepping up.
In order to keep our essential business going, we are undertaking proactive preventative measures in accordance with all local and national guidelines, including the following:
- We have work from home protocol wherever possible to minimize social contact for employees whose jobs cannot be done remotely.
- We have re-configured work stations and adjusted breaks to ensure appropriate distancing and space.
- We have implemented enhanced cleaning and safety protocols in our facilities.
- We have clear quarantine guidelines for any sick or potentially exposed employees as well as facility response protocols in place should an employee become infected.
- All outside visits to our facilities have been cancelled.
- We have banned all travel.
- We have an Action Team of employees from across our facilities and departments to monitor the latest news, address issues as they arise, and adjust to new guidelines and best practices as needed.
While our operations continue and we have not experienced any major interruptions to our business, the new realities of the global landscape (including slower supply chain lines, adjusted operational procedures to ensure safe distancing, and strict enforcement of precautionary quarantining policies for any type of illness in our facilities) mean that we simply are not working at capacity. This may affect lead times on new orders as we work to deliver current orders to our valued partners. We appreciate the support from the military, tactical and law enforcement communities, and are committed to serving our customers so we thank you in advance for your patience should we require longer lead times than usual to get you your gear.
During these unprecedented times, we want to express our support and gratitude to those working on the front lines of this battle – healthcare workers across the globe who are dealing with unimaginable circumstances. Their mission may not require the type of protective solutions that we provide, but our solidarity with them is unwavering.
Thank you and stay safe,
The Galvion Team